- Join the Discussion: Click Here for suggested Entrepreneurial Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities topics
- Veterans Adinistration
- What are some of the ways that Veterans can be assisted when starting their small businesses?
- Advantages of Entrepreneurship
- An article written by Thomas C. Weiss related to the advantages of entrepreneurship for persons with disabilities.
- In your opinion, what is the greatest advantage for a person with a disability to have their own business?
- This Business Week article provides an overview of how to enlist persons with disabilities in the "Entrepreneurial Revolution".
- How can Entrepreneurship have a revolutionary effect for persons with disabilities?
- What are some of the greatest barriers for entrepreneurs with disabilities?
- How can these barriers be overcome?
- Disablity Resources
- DisabilityResources.org is a cutting-edge site for viewing disability-related material on the Web.
- How can the DRM Webwatcher be utilized to assist both aspiring and existing disabled entrepreneurs?
- What are the greatest strengths of the DisabilityResources.org website? What suggestions do you have for them?
- Disability Info
- The mission of DisabilityInfo.gov is to connect people with disabilities to the information and resources they need to actively participate in the workforce and in their communities.
- What technological breakthrough(s) will assist the entrepreneurial and/or employment opportunities of the disabled?
- Which reasonable accommodations cost less than $1,000 a year?
- eSight Careers Network
- eSight is a cross-disability on-line community that addresses disability employment issues.
- How can joining eSight make you more marketable?
- What is the most valuable lesson that you learned from the eSight eLearning Center?
- Foundation Center
- The mission of the Foundation Center is to strengthen the nonprofit sector by advancing knowledge about U.S. philanthropy.
- What is the most important piece of advice you can give our viewers related to fundraising and proposal writing?
- What is the value of the Foundation Directory on-line?
- JAN is a federally funded job accommodation network and resource center for the disabled and employers of the disabled.
- What is the most useful feature of JAN for employers? The most useful feature for employees?
- Can you identify anything significant and relevant that JAN does not include on its site?
Office of Disability Employment
- Office of Disability Employment Policy
- An article provided by the Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) discussing self-employment as a flexible route to employment.
- What is the greatest advantage to working at home?
- How can jobs be created that can be performed either at home on a computer and/or over the phone?
- How can companies be encouraged to employ such workers?
Association for Service Disabled Veterans
- Association for Service Disabled Veterans
- The mission of the Association for Service Disabled Veterans is to assist service disabled and prisoner of war veterans by establishing a program to provide employment and work therapy opportunities.
- How can employment opportunities for disabled veterans be further promoted?
- How can the intellect and skill found within the physically disabled population be harnessed by providing entrepreneurial opportunities for the disabled to start their own businesses?
- Women with Disabilities Entrepreneurship Project
- This article is written by Paula Greenfield Washington, Ph.D. The article is sponsored by the World Institute on Disabilities and considers the Women with Disabilities Entrepreneurship Project.
- How can female entrepreneurs with disabilities network with other female entrepreneurs?
- Work World
- Work World’s comprehensive site of self-employment and small business provided. Work World is an Employment Support Institute of the School of Business of the Virginia Commonwealth University.
- What jobs do you feel could be best accomplished at home by people with disabilities?
World Institute on Disability
- World Institute on Disability
- The World Institute on Disability is an internationally recognized public policy center organized by and for people with disabilities.
- What should be done in your country to ensure that the disabled live healthy, productive lives?
- What types of products and/or services should be available that are either not provided or underprovided to disabled consumers?
Youth With Disabilities
- Youth with Disabilities
- An article written by the Office of Disability Policy (ODEP) related to entrepreneurship for youth with disabilities.
- How can youth with disabilities be encouraged to develop needed employment and/or self-employment skills?
- What industries do you recommend that young people consider entering?